|Mr. L (Bill Lombard) is a high school math teacher at Foothill High School in Palo Cedro, CA (just east of Redding, about 165 miles north of Sacramento).
He has assisted his co-author, Brad Fulton, in writing more than a dozen books for math teachers as well as over twenty Teacher Resource Manuals for teacher training seminars. Brad and Bill host a companion website, Teacher to Teacher Press. On this site you may find more materials to help math teachers. Known throughout the country for motivating and engaging teachers and students, Brad and Bill create activities that help teachers who believe mathematics must be both meaningful and powerful.
Bill’s goal is to make mathematics both understandable and meaningful for his students, and on this website he shares some of his materials, lessons, and other information to help both teachers and students to be successful in the math classroom.
Seminar leader and trainer of mathematics teachers
- California Math Council and NCTM presenter
- Lead trainer for summer teacher training institutes
- Trainer/consultant for district, county, regional, and national workshops
Co-author of mathematics curriculum
- Simply Great Math Activities series: five books covering all major strands
- Math Discoveries series: four books bringing math alive for students in middle schools
- Teacher Training Resource Handbooks for elementary, middle, and secondary teachers
Workshops, conference sessions, and keynote addresses
All workshops provide participants with complete and ready-to-use activities. These activities require minimal preparation, use materials commonly found in classrooms, and give clear and specific directions and format. Participants will also receive journal prompts, homework suggestions, and ideas for extensions and assessment.
- - Tizoc Tirado, kindergarten teacher